The Yogi Adityanath government has removed SSP for falling to control the violence after fresh clashes in the district.In the wake of this fresh clashes between the Dalits and the Rajputs in which one person was killed.And the District Magistrate (DM) of Saharanpur has also been sacked over inability to control violence following fresh clashes in the area.The Home Secretary and three other senior government officials were flown to violence-hit Saharanpur to monitor the law and order situation in the area.
THAT HAS HAPPENED SO FAR:
- Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati Shabbirpur after Dalits, led by the Bheem Army, stormed Jantar Mantar in New Delhi and held a demonstration over anti-Dalit violence.
- During her visit to the violence-torn village, Mayawati addressed party workers at the Ravidas temple. It was at this temple that Dalits were denied permission by Rajputs to install a statue of Dr BR Ambedkar, which sparked off tension in the villages.
- Clashes broke out between Rajputs and Dalits soon after Mayawati met with the affected Dalit families in Saharanpur. Two persons were injured in the firing, one of whom, a Dalit, later succumbed to his injuries.
- The four-member team led by Home Secretary was tasked with monitoring the law and order situation in Saharanpur following fresh clashes. The Home Secretary said that adequate security personnel were deployed in the area.
- Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya said that while the Samajwadi Party and the BSP encourage caste-based politics, the BJP is promoting development-based politics.